Terms & Conditions
Digital Skills Authority respects your privacy and is committed to ensuring the security of your information.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site including:
What information this site gathers/tracks about you
This site's opt-out policy
The Security measures we have in place to protect your personal data -
What this site does with the information it gathers/tracks
This site's policy on correcting and updating personally identifiable information
Your contact information
We collect information from our users at several different points on the website - this is for customer service purposes. Digital Skills Authority will not disclose any individual user's name, address, e-mail address or telephone number without such user's prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant, or where a third-party service provider or consultant is providing a service or product to you, on our behalf.
Our site's booking registration form requires users to give us contact information (eg, their e-mail address and their street address). If provided, we may use this contact information from the registration form to send the member information about our company and occasional promotional material. Users may, however, opt out of receiving unsolicited mailings.
Digital Skills Authority are the owners of personal information collected from this site. It is not share witha any third-party except for the for the purposes of providing a service a product ordered by a customers (e.g. to deliver a training course advertised on our web site)
We will not sell or rent this information to others. However, we may disclose this information to third party consultants, companies or trainers, where necessary to provide a service or product to you on our behalf,
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletters, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Our site provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the user. Users may opt out of various mailing lists that we provide by responding to the list with an unsubscribe request.
Competitions and Surveys
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose any information requested. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and delivery address) which will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the functionality of the site.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. Your information is protected both online and off-line. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact us.
Cookies and Logs
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. In most cases, a visitor may refuse a cookie and still fully navigate our Web sites.
In order to properly manage our Web sites we may anonymously log information on our operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters. This is to ensure that our Web site presents the best web experience for visitors and is an effective information resource.
It is Digital Skills Authority policy to only to disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- As required by law through subpoena, search warrant or other legal process
- When explicitly requested by a visitor
- When required to deliver publications or reference materials requested by a visitor
- When required to facilitate bookings or events
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Digital Skills Authority are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these third party sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Notification of Changes
Access and Updating Personal Information
Each visitor has the right of access to personal data they have submitted through the Web sites to Digital Skills Authority. If there are changes to your personal information or you wish to view your personal information, please contact us
When personally identifiable information is retained, Digital Skills Authority assumes responsibility for keeping an accurate record of the information once a visitor has submitted and verified the data. The Institute for Business Advancement does not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of the content of personal information. When practically possible, if The Institute for Business Advancement is informed that any personal data collected through a Web site is no longer accurate, The Institute for Business Advancement will make appropriate corrections based on the updated information provided by the authenticated visitor.
Digital Skills Authority wants to ensure that all individuals can access information on our web sites. We are constantly updating areas of our web site, and work to make our content as accessible as possible within the facilities and skills available to our team.
Additionally, we invite our visitors to feedback on any accessibility issues, so that we can do all that is in our power to ensure that each and every visitor can access the information they require.
Please contact us should you have any suggestions or questions on supporting your accessibility needs on our web site.
Course Bookings and Cancellations Policy
Should you decide to cancel your public course place the following fees apply:
30 days or more prior to training - no charge
29 days or less prior to training - for cancellations received on or after this date, or in the event of non-attendance, a
100% cancellation fee applies (no refund will be made)
All cancellations must be made in writing and will be acknowledged in writing. Alternatively, you may send someone else from your company for no additional charge.
Payment from recognised organisations can be made by bank-to-bank transfer. Alternatively, we accept secure credit and debit card through payment processing solution 'Stripe' which is a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant provider. We do not have access to or store your credit or debit card details.
Reimbursement (if we cancel):
While we do not wish to cancel any of our public courses, Digital Skills Authority reserves the right to reschedule courses, in unavoidable or extreme circumstances. In the highly unlikely event that your training course does not take place on the date agreed in the booking confirmation, you will be offered an alternative course date or a full refund of the course fees paid. You shall not otherwise be entitled to compensation or costs or damages arising from such a cancellation.
However, if we cancel a course and you have already paid for travel and accommodation, (particularly for courses outside of your own country), you may be offered a complimentary (free of charge) training place on an alternative course along with a part or full refund on the course you booked. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure complete fairness.
Course and Event Venues
We select training venues for quality, safety, efficiency and customer comfort. We hire these venues and their services from third party companies or directly at the venues. We will not be liable for any damages or costs relating to personal damage, loss, theft, failure to provide service or other, by the venue. However, it is of concern to us if our clients are not satisfied or have a complaint about a venue. We will assist you with supporting any complaints you have about the venue, to the venue facilitator.
It is our endeavour to ensure high standard and quality that you and your staff deserve. We welcome any feedback from yourselves, company or delegate, to ensure your entire satisfaction with our services
Additional Certificate in Online Business (COB Certified Terms & Conditions)
The following additional terms apply to the COB Certified E-Business Manager, COB Certified E-Commerce Manager and COB Certified Digital Marketing Manager programs and qualifications.
Award of the respective Certificates in Online Business (COB) is dependent on passing an exam. The pass mark is 70%. The mark is normally delivered to you within 1-2 weeks of the exam, and the certificate is sent to you within 3-4-weeks of the exam. The certificate and title does not expire, however you may continue to update your skills with further training and additional exams that we provide.
Copyright exists in all training and certification programs and is copyright Digital Skills Authority or it's contributors. Copyright in the COB Certified certification programs is copyright Digital Skills Authority. Copyright for web site, articles, content, logos and design is copyright of Digital Skills Authority or their respective owners. All Rights Reserved. Licensed images may be used through the web site and materials. Unauthorised copying, reproduction, hiring or lending is strictly prohibited.
We pride ourselves on excellent feedback from our clients and are confident about the quality and service we offer to those who attend our courses. All of our delegates are provided with high quality, usable and valuable course materials, as well as a trainer contact details for follow-up questions relating to our course. We guarantee your satisfaction with our training. In the highly unlikely event that you were unhappy with our training, we will work with you to rectify any training shortfalls, at our own cost.
General Site Terms & Conditions
1) You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms & Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of Digital Skills Authority. Neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Digital Skills Authority.
2) Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Digital Skills Authority nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUTWARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. The Institute for Business Advancement also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
3) Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission granted to Digital Skills Authority. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms & Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorised use of the images may violate Copyright Laws, Trademark Laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
6) The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site, are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Digital Skills Authority and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Digital Skills Authority or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Digital Skills Authority will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
7)Digital Skills Authority has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site, Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8)The Institute for Business Advancement may at any time revise these Terms & Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms & Conditions